Health and Safety Policy Statement
Bachy Soletanche Ltd, Westpile Ltd. and Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd. are specialists and geotechnical contractors carrying our ground investigation, foundation, foundation and specialist geotechnical work for the construction industry. We believe the companies’ most valuable asset is its employees, who along with other stakeholders and third parties have the right to work in a safe environment. We are also committed to ensure that the highest possible standards of health and safety are achieved in our operations.
To underline commitment and continually improving health and safety performance of these companies, a health and safety management system has been established that meets the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 and other associated standards that the company subscribes to.
Bachy Soletanche Ltd, Westpile Ltd. and Soil Engineering Geoservices Ltd. comply with all applicable health and safety legislation, regulations, approved codes of practice. Furthermore we co-operate fully and maintain open relationships with all regulatory authorities and other interested parties:
Consequently we shall:
- Fully comply with our legal and moral obligations in respect to our business activities and endeavor to follow, and lead, industry best practice.
- Provide, as far as is reasonably practicable, adequate control of the health and safety risks to our employees and others under our control across all levels of the business.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient resources are given to manage the health, safety and welfare of our employees and others under control across all levels of the business.
- Provide a documented health and safety management systems that clearly indicates its intent, outlines the responsibilities of its employees and provides safe systems of work. This management system shall be regularly reviewed and updated when required.
- Take all reasonable steps to minimise accidents and incidences of ill health to our employees or other third parties who may be affected by our works.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Provide all employees with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training to enable them to carry out their given tasks safely.
- Consult and communicate with employees on matters relating to their health and safety.
- Set and regularly review health and safety objectives and targets, which are monitored to measure commitment to continually improving our health and safety performance.
This policy, is reviewed annually, is communicated to all employees and persons working on our behalf, and is displayed at all of our sites and is made publically available via our websites.